The only chance to ride in the Chingaza National Park
Test your strenght and speed to the goal at 3700mts (12150 feet)
and also get to discover other trails and places at a slower pace
CRONOCHINGAZA HILL CLIMB
CronoChingaza Hillclimb Time Trial is a unique opportunity to challenge yourself against the elements and altitude while exploring the amazing views and landscape the National Natural Park of Chingaza offers only once a year to cyclists. The park protects the endemic Páramo ecosystem which can only be seen in the highlands of Colombia and is the birthplace of the rivers that provide water and life to the lands below.
Besides this, it is a competition in which amateur and seasoned riders from all over Colombia gather to test their climbing strength which is known worldwide. It also serves as the entry point to explore in a more relaxed way, the multiple landscapes, towns and trails that this country has to offer.
That’s why we have created, in association with Bike Colombia Tours, an adventure package that mixes competition, tourism and bike routes in must see locations so that you can get the best out of your time in Colombia with a complete trip that gives you an unforgettable experience.
We will visit amazing places in Colombia that shine for their impressive landscape, colonial towns, great food and the warmth of the local people. Our group will be limited to 20 riders to better experience all the journey. We will also do some additional activities such as whitewater rafting and rappel for whoever wishes to do it. In a nutshell it’s the perfect combination between competition and bike adventure.
The time-trial is tough but it’s worth every moment with the amazing landscape and the challenge from the local bikers. It’s a must.Pepe, Caifornia, USA
- City Tour in Bogotá
- Transportation to the hotel in La Calera
- Registration and participation in the CronoChingaza HillClimb race
- Transportation to Villa de Leyva
- Rest day and tour in Villa De Leyva
- Short bike route in the afternoon/night around the desert
- Bike route starting from Villa de Leyva
- Transportation to Barichara
- Bike route around Barichara
- Rafting in the Fonce River
- Stay in Barichara
- Return to Bogotá
- Airport pickup for you and your bike
- Transportation to the Hotel in Bogotá
- Sports nutrition previous to the competition and three meals during the whole trip
- Sports hydration in the bike routes following the competition
- Medical insurance
- Stay in country lodgings in twin accommodation
- Transportation of belongings (a suitcase), the bike and participants during the trip.
- Support vehicle with bike mechanic
- Trained mountain bike guides
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Optional activities not scheduled
- Gratuities for your guides